[b-hebrew] Amalekites!

Karl Randolph kwrandolph at email.com
Tue Aug 10 01:04:47 EDT 2004

Yigal:

You should mention a fourth possibility, that this is a historical record, that the Amalekites mentioned in Genesis 14:7 were one of the many groups who were not mentioned in the original 70 nations, but still an early recognized people. After all, were all the other peoples mentioned in verses one through six among the original 70 nations?

And yet a fifth possibility, that this was a place name, that the Amalekite people were a later development.

(I haven’t checked these out yet, but these are possibilities.)

Karl W. Randolph.