[b-hebrew] RE: Participant Reference

David Kummerow farmerjoeblo at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 5 20:43:50 EDT 2004

Hi,

Lenart de Regt has written on the subject of participant reference in BH:

"Participant Reference in Some Biblical Hebrew Texts." Jaabericht "Ex
Oriente Lux" 32 (1991-92): 150-172.

Participants in Old Testament Texts and the Translator: Reference Devices
and their Rhetorical Impact. Studia Semitical Neerlandica 39. Assen: Van
Gorcum, 1999.

"The Order of Participants in Compound Clausal Elements in the Pentateuch
and Earlier Prophets: Syntax, Convention or Rhetoric?" In L.J. de Regt, J.
de Waard, and J.P. Fokkelman (eds.), Literary Structure and Rhetorical
Strategies in the Hebrew Bible. Assen: Van Gorcum, 1996.

See also E.J. Revell's book: The Designation of the Individual: Expressive
Usage in Biblical Narrative. Contributions to Biblical Exegesis and Theology
14. Kampen: Kok Pharos, 1996.

Regards,

David Kummerow.