[b-hebrew] A Greek Language Question

MarianneLuban at aol.com MarianneLuban at aol.com
Thu Aug 5 17:54:08 EDT 2004

In a message dated 8/5/2004 1:38:44 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
peterkirk at qaya.org writes:

> Well, how can Marianne expect sensible help if she writes "Amenophis"
> twice when the text is actually "Amenophei" and "Amenophews", and
> repeats "ton" when the text reads "tou"?

Chalk it up to worsening eyesight and leeeeetle Greek letters.  It *is "men
auto Amenophei"--but later it is "Amenopheos" (not Amenophews) with two omegas
in the name,  and "tou Paapis" is right.  The reason I read "ton" should be
obvious.  But I guess I need bi-focals!

Marianne Luban