[b-hebrew] Ayin-Tsadi-Resh (OTSeR) Act. Part.

wattswestmaas wattswestmaas at eircom.net
Thu Aug 5 09:41:12 EDT 2004

Subject:---- Active Participle OTSeR (classified as abstract noun) from root
ayin-tsadi-resh.  Translated as 'barren' in prov 30:16  and as  'oppression'
in psalm 107:39 and Is 53:8  I will leave for now.

My question is this,  several other words are used to convey the idea of
'oppression' and 'violation' and 'crushed'  I am trying to gain a feel for
the idea that the writers wanted to be conveyed, through this particular
word.

I wonder if a sense of 'Curfew' or 'restraint' might not be the subtle idea?
(I must admit I have gained this through reading the modern hebrew)

Are there any thoughts please??

Yours Chris,  ireland..