[b-hebrew] Evidence for the Exodus

Michael Banyai Banyai at t-online.de
Tue Aug 3 14:24:00 EDT 2004

Hallo Marianne:

very interesting your text. I never heard of it however. Is there a newer publication of the text around?

Ipuwer has also a big number of coincidences with the Balaam text and the biblical account. For example: "Indeed, the fire has gone up on high and its burning goes forth against the enemies of the land" etc, etc. Ahmose might referr to the same events in retrospective (which once led to the Hyksos invasion).

It is all a matter of perspective: for the Egyptian it is his gods who are making the marvels (with an exception in Ipuwer, an instance where he admits it could be a god of one of the foreigners living in the delta - who could have sent the catastrophy). For the Moabites it is their pantheon sending the ire. For the Bible...

Best regards,

Bányai Michael
Stuttgart