[b-hebrew] 1 Sam 5:6 ; Mice & Rats & Plague

Pastor Mark Eddy markeddy at adams.net
Thu Apr 29 23:04:39 EDT 2004

I haven't found any separate word for "rat" in Greek, but Josephus uses MUS when he retells the story from
1 Sam. 6 (Antiquities 6:3,10,15). He also refers to "mice" in Antiquities 10:19, where it is said that
they gnawed to pieces in one night both the bows and the rest of the armor of the Assyrians. Either there
were lots of mice, or the mice were (as big as) rats?
Mark Eddy