[b-hebrew] Babylonian vocalization

Joel Nothman jnothman at student.usyd.edu.au
Mon Apr 26 19:25:23 EDT 2004

> HH: The page still looks the same. You need not trouble yourself. The
> issue was not that important, and at least I have a new font. I noticed
> that in Explorer fonts, when there is a list of languages available,
> Hebrew is not one of them. Greek is, but not Hebrew.

In Internet Explorer, for some reason you have to install language packs,
which doesn't make much sense particularly if the required tools are often
already on your system.

I don't think I've ever had a real language display problem with Opera (a
different web browser)... It's only 4 MB if you want to try it out from
www.opera.com/download ... It does have some unresolved bugs (or at least
they haven't been listed in changelogs) with punctuation around
bidirectional text (ie Hebrew, Arabic), but it's quite insignificant.

- Joel