[b-hebrew] Re: Mark 15:34, Mat 27:46, & Psalm 22

Sesamo m. sesamox at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 22 06:41:33 EDT 2004

Hi Ken,
As I stated, I'm not an expert, and I can't quote any expert, but I remember
having read that there is quite a bit of debate regarding the language of
first-century Jewish speakers, which must mean that there are different
opinions. For instance, I read in this list some time ago that a certain
Randall Buth has observed that Greek can distinguish between Aramaic and
Hebrew, so that when the GNT says something is in Hebrew, it means Hebrew.
Anyway, I don't want to debate which language did they speak, but what is
the explanation offered by those who believe Hebrew was the language spoken
in the first century.

Sergio