[b-hebrew] Mark 15:34, Mat 27:46, & Psalm 22

Tony Costa tmcos at rogers.com
Tue Apr 20 19:07:43 EDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Deborah Millier" <deborahmillier at yahoo.com>
To: <b-hebrew at lists.ibiblio.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 20, 2004 6:39 PM
Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Mark 15:34, Mat 27:46, & Psalm 22

=> Then might we rightly conclude that the author(s) of
> 1Chr. 24:11 and that/those of Ezr. 2:2-10:18 and Neh.
> 3:19-12:26 were Galileans?  :-)  They didn't write
> Yeshu, but the HE and HOLAM were still absorbed to
> form "Yeshua."
>
> The questionable Ya'akov ossuary still had written
> upon it "Yeshua."  The YESHU acronym is another matter
> altogether, isn't it?
>
> B'SHALOM,
> -- Michael Millier

Is not the YESHU acronym the name given to Jesus of Nazareth in the
Babylonian Talmud? If I am not mistaken I believe it is used derisively in
that the acronym stands for the words may his name be removed or erased from
memory, or something to that effect.

Tony Costa