[b-hebrew] Re: variant pronunciation

Dora Smith villandra at austin.rr.com
Sun Apr 18 02:22:29 EDT 2004

People in Texas don't pronounce consonants differently!  Only vowels!
Except for a few disappearing r's - and I learned all about that issue in
high school.  So I imagine that students of English in France or Israel know
about it too.   Could tell you exactly in which part of the country r's
disappear  - the list includes New York City and Massachusetts.

Yours,
Dora Smith
Austin, Texas
villandra at austin.rr.com