[b-hebrew] $wbb from two roots?

Karl Randolph kwrandolph at email.com
Wed Apr 14 13:59:49 EDT 2004

But Peter:

Those are two of the verses I considered before making my original question, though neither are among the 15 occurances of $WBB I referenced.

The Job passge has a poetic parallelism with the wicked and the apostate, and in Hosea I read it as acts of apostasy.

$BB I read as having the meaning as removing from one’s proper place, and in matters of faith that removing is an act of apostasy. So in Ezekiel 38:4 it is a physical movement while in Jeremiah 3:22 it is a spiritual removing, hence apostasy.

$WBB also seems to have the root $WB with the idea of returning, restoration, such as in Psalm 23:3 and Isaiah 49:5.

Other roots that may cause confusion with related words, though not with $WBB, are $BH taking captive and Y$B settling down.

Karl W. Randolph.