[b-hebrew] $wbb from two roots?

Karl Randolph kwrandolph at email.com
Tue Apr 13 20:45:22 EDT 2004

To All:

It appears that the lexeme $wbb comes from two roots: from $bb which seems to carry the comcept of moving from one’s proper place, or when dealing with belief the idea of becoming apostate, and as a pilel for $wb with the concept of being returned, restored. Using an unpointed search, it appears about 15 times in Tanakh. It appears that the context is what tells us which root to attach any particular usage of the lexeme. Am I reading this aright, or am I overlooking anything?

Karl W. Randolph.