[b-hebrew] Proverbs 30:19 (LMH

Karl Randolph kwrandolph at email.com
Tue Sep 30 13:21:35 EDT 2003

To All:

After writing a note last night questioning if some of the lexemes in the dictionary are merely alternate spellings, does it make sense that I should come on today asking if we should add one? Especially when in this case I don’t have an alternate spelling to back me up?

While reading Proverbs 30 this morning, it struck me that the last of the four objects moving is that of the conquering fellow “into the unknown”. A possible pronunciation being “derek geber be‘alumah”.

Linguistically, the proposed (LMH “‘alumah” comes from the root (LM meaning “to be unknown or make unknown”, so the meaning fits.

Psychologically, there is a constant desire of men to challenge  the unknown, whether it is to explore new frontiers, make new discoveries or invent that which has not appeared before.

So here I have the parallelism of the context in the verse, linguistic possibility and psychological insight that suggests that (LMH read as “‘alumah” “unknown” is a proper lexeme that fits this verse.

Even this question is my road into the unknown and youall keep shooting me down often enough, but I’m learning.    :-)

Karl W. Randolph.
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

http://corp.mail.com/careers