[b-hebrew] Variants of YHWH in the BHS Text

Peter Kirk peterkirk at qaya.org
Sat Sep 27 14:59:40 EDT 2003

On 27/09/2003 11:36, David P Donnelly wrote:

>Do you believe that a time will come,
>when men and women will once again know how
>to pronounce this 4-letter Hebrew name without vowels,
>and men and women will pray to God using this name?
>[and pronouncing this name as God pronounced it to Moses]
>
>Dave Donnelly

In my scholarly opinion, rather than belief, this is already happening.
What is probably the original pronunciation is well known, and some
people pray to God using that name. I don't suggest this has any special
significance.

peter at qaya.org (personal)
peterkirk at qaya.org (work)
http://www.qaya.org/