[b-hebrew] Variants of YHWH in the BHS Text

David P Donnelly davedonnelly1 at juno.com
Sat Sep 27 14:36:37 EDT 2003

Mark Eddy says:

So the "it is written" form of God's Hebrew name has no  vowels.

Dave says:

Concerning this "it is written" form of God's name that has no vowels,
God says in the last sentence of Exodus 3:15:

: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.

It would seem that you possibly  believe that this 4-letter Hebrew name
without vowels
is God's name forever.

Do you believe that a time will come,
when men and women will once again know how
to pronounce this 4-letter Hebrew name without vowels,
and men and women will pray to God using this name?
[and pronouncing this name as God pronounced it to Moses]

Dave Donnelly