[b-hebrew] Variants of YHWH in the BHS Text

Karl Randolph kwrandolph at email.com
Fri Sep 26 17:34:37 EDT 2003

Further evidence that the word was not supposed to be pronounced is that it has different vowels, those from )LHYM in verses such as Genesis 15:2, 8 and in verses like Exodus 34:23 I don’t know which word the vowels are from. If YHWH were meant to be pronounced with the most common vowels, the vowels would have remained constant throughout, and examples as these show that they did not.

Karl W. Randolph.