[b-hebrew] Psalm 19:2-3

CS Bartholomew jacksonpollock at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 23 15:04:45 EDT 2003

On 9/23/03 11:24 AM, "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph at email.com> wrote:

> It looks as if I stuck my foot in my mouth in not recognizing the possibility
> that YWM LYWM is a figure of speech, but grammatically then this figure of
> speech is the subject of the verb. In this verse it does not look as if it is
> used adverbially.

Karl,

You have progressed from the improbable to the highly improbable.

You are now suggesting that ywM lywM functioning as a unit is the
subject/agent of the verb? Very interesting :-)

BTW, the NIV/NET Bible position is also that of Waltke/O'conner (page 505).
I suspect Waltke is at the bottom of this. Wasn't he on the editorial
committee for the NIV OT?

greetings,
Clay Bartholomew