SV: [b-hebrew] Food, OT, and theology

Søren Holst sh at teol.ku.dk
Sun Sep 7 08:24:45 EDT 2003

Depending on your angle of approach, you might find something of value in a
book which has, however, the slight disadvantage of being in Danish: The
doctoral habilitation by Hans Jørgen Lundager Jensen, "The Devouring Fire",
which in a sense reintroduces the idea of OT religion being a "fertility
cult", in that it focuses on the blessing of Yhwh as it manifests itself in
food, offspring and longevity, rather than on salvation history, Exodus etc.

There's a review in English at http://www.bookreviews.org/pdf/2716_1916.pdf,
and there was supposed to be an English edition in the works, but I don't
know how far it's gotten.

bete'avon
Soren Holst, Copenhagen