[b-hebrew] syntax question

Richard Burks rburks9400 at comcast.net
Wed Sep 3 09:48:25 EDT 2003

Lisbeth,

I did not find any examples of exactly the type of sentences you propose in
your question, and I am certain there are others who will weigh in on this
but I shall point to two passages that when pasted together would make the
type of statement you are looking for.  In Hosea   6:6  "For I desire mercy
..." [JPS] and  2 Chronicles 28:1  "but he did not ..." [KJV] "and he did
not" [JPS].  The clauses in your sentence could be independent clauses and
are connected together only by the conjunction.  I don't see why you can't
create independent clauses in BH much in the same way and glue them together
with the waw conjunction.

But maybe I am missing something

Bill Burks