[b-hebrew] meaning of XWT

Karl Randolph kwrandolph at email.com
Tue Oct 28 20:11:29 EST 2003

Dear Noam:

You see what happens when a person quickly scans a return from an electronic search. I should have double checked before posting.

However, when looking at the context of the nouns, the two occurances in Job and the one in Numbers 32:41 refers to the same thing, while I’ll agree upon more careful checking the context that the other two come from “seal(ring)”. In all three cases, the noun has a third person plural suffix and in the case in Numbers the noun is plural as well.

When I look at the contexts of the name “XWT Y)YR” I noticed that they were listed as cities, not just encampments. Is this a holdover from an older name, sort of like “Fort Laramy” and other such names in the U.S., or does it refer to something more than just a military encampment?

Karl W. Randolph.