[b-hebrew] meaning of XWT

Karl Randolph kwrandolph at email.com
Sat Oct 25 11:43:28 EDT 2003

To All:

In the dictionaries I have XWT [chawat] is listed merely as a name, and most of the time in Tanakh it is used as one, as part of the name XWT Y)YR, the name of a town east of the Jordan.

However, in five verses, Numbers 32:41, Ezekiel 28:12,  Haggai 2:23, Job 38:14, 41:15 I noticed that it is used apart from the name of the town. It appears to be something that was built up, not just a natural phenomenon. Does anyone have a clue to its meaning?

Thanks for your help.

Karl W. Randolph.
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

http://corp.mail.com/careers