[b-hebrew] Proverbs 8:21 Y$

Karl Randolph kwrandolph at email.com
Tue Oct 14 21:12:51 EDT 2003

To All:

Here is a question as to the definition of a word.

Proverbs 8:21 Y$ appears to be a noun. As far as I can tell, this is the only use of this lexeme in Tanakh where it appears to be a noun.

The dictionary I have here gives no clue as to its possible meaning, is there any definition in other dictionaries? Cognate languages?

I know the usual definition is “there is” and it is rather common in Tanakh with this meaning, but in this verse the context seems to call for a different definition.

Any thoughts?

Karl W. Randolph.
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

http://corp.mail.com/careers