[b-hebrew] linguistics, was Re: Prov. 30:19

Karl Randolph kwrandolph at email.com
Mon Oct 13 20:35:30 EDT 2003

Dear Trevor:

Like you, I think this discussion is becoming increasingly fruitless.

What I objected to was the bold statement that certain things couldn’t be true, because reconstruction based on theory says it’s not true. That’s a backwards application of theory (sadly all too common, even in the “hard” sciences) because it is using theory to judge facts, whereas the proper use of theory has facts judging theory.