[b-hebrew] 10 Commandments Stone Table

Walter R. Mattfeld mattfeld12 at charter.net
Thu Oct 9 07:05:13 EDT 2003

For those interested, a brief description and photograph is available of a
shattered stone table bearing an archaic Proto-Sinaitic inscription from the
southern Sinai. I understand that although the Exodus as presented in the
Bible is fiction, it is recalling real events or physical phenomenon found
in the Sinai as documented by modern archaeology. William Foxwell Albright
argued that Proto-Sinaitic was of the 16th-15th century BCE, which
co-incidentally, aligns somewhat with the Bible's Exodus of 1446 BCE (cf. 1
Kings 6:1).

I understand that the southern Sinai's shattered stone tables (or "tablets")
with their Proto-Sinaitic inscriptions are the "historical kernel" behind
the two stone tables given Moses by God on Mount Sinai.

Cf. the following url
http://www.bibleorigins.net/ShatteredProtoSinaitictablet.html

Regards, Walter
Walter Reinhold Warttig Mattfeld y de la Torre, M.A. Ed.
mattfeld12 at charter.net