[b-hebrew] Re: 22nd Psalm & 40th Psalm

Karl Randolph kwrandolph at email.com
Fri Nov 28 16:59:29 EST 2003

Peter:

In other words, there is no evidence from cognate languages.

This also illustrates potential pitfalls when looking at cognate languages, for all the examples listed below already have Hebrew meanings:

K)R word in question, no cognates
KWR smelting oven, though not as hot as a KB$N which added foot operated bellows for a hotter fire
KRH to provide, furnish
KRR to leap about, somewhat similar to the Arabic.

Which means that our only clues are context and early translations.

Karl W. Randolph.