[b-hebrew] Re: 22nd Psalm & 40th Psalm

Dave Washburn dwashbur at nyx.net
Fri Nov 28 14:25:47 EST 2003

On Friday 28 November 2003 07:55, Pastor Mark Eddy wrote:
> I have not had time to follow this whole link, but I hope to go back over
> it some time in the future. Bur for now I have one question about the
> following point:

I assume that you more or less mean "about a coming Messiah"?  Part of the
Christian viewpoint is that at times, the Hebrew prophets wrote things that
foreshadowed events surrounding the future Messiah (whom we identify as
Jesus) without really understanding that they were writing such
foreshadowings.  I would suggest that this might be one of those times,
though to me it really doesn't matter whether David was aware of the
messianic implications of this psalm or not, assuming the implications are
there.  The question of such implications, foreshadowings etc. is beyond the
scope of this list, so that's all I'll say about it.

--
Dave Washburn
http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur