[b-hebrew] Contextual Semantic Domains

Karl Randolph kwrandolph at email.com
Tue Nov 25 21:21:41 EST 2003

Dear Peter:

My intention was never to be an aconoclast. Thus, when I started with the Gesenius/BDB dictionaries, my notes (which have become a lexicon) started with noting synonyms, antonyms, special usages and to try to give a tighter, more ‘native speaker’ understanding of the words. It was only with reluctance that I later came to contradict BDB, and then only when I understand clear usage clues for a different definition.

There are too many times I read XSD in a context where I see (often undeserved) kind actions as volitional acts where there is no obligation to fulfill.

My concept of ‘loyalty’ often is a volitional action where the only obligation to fulfill is the obligation to one’s actions he has chosen to do and to people he has chosen to associate with.

Karl W. Randolph.