[b-hebrew] dating the bible

Karl Randolph kwrandolph at email.com
Wed Nov 19 13:35:04 EST 2003

Uri:

What “significant differences” between chaps 1 and 2 of Genesis?

1) They don’t contradict, one merely includes details the other omits

2) Different authors. Just as the books of Kings relied on previous documents, so Moses had previous documents when he authored Genesis which he indicated by his use of TWLDWT.

Before we get into example after example, many other “significant differences” have simple explanations, such as David may have sung a psalm slightly differently extemporaneously than the way he had the same psalm recorded in the book of Psalms after editing; the “raw” version then was recorded in Samuel and the polished version in Psalms. Without a paper trail, these “reworkings” remain speculation.

Karl W. Randolph.