[b-hebrew] Other languages in the Tanakh

Karl Randolph kwrandolph at email.com
Thu Nov 13 16:08:57 EST 2003

Peter:

Didn’t you just libel me? Or is it just your opinion, which makes it not libel?

As for BDB, they were students of Gesenius, and Gesenius was a member of the German rationalist school of the early 19th century. From what I have seen of that philosophical school, particularly as it pertains to their treatment of the Bible and ancient Israel, I don’t see how it is not anti-Semitic. However, this is a “platonic” anti-Semitism that does not advocate violence. Is there anything in this paragraph that is not accurate?

As I wrote earlier, I do not have access to BDB’s dictionary, so I was relying on previous posts to this list as a basis for my response. If previous posts are accurate, and I have no reason to doubt them unless shown otherwise, then how is my response inaccurate? It fits the philosophic pattern.

Karl W. Randolph.