[b-hebrew] Re: Hannah

SPAWN OF A JEWISH CARPENTER: CINDY SMITH cms at dragon.com
Sun Nov 9 10:17:19 EST 2003

I have read that the name Hannah (mother of Samuel) means "prayer."
BibleWorks says that Hannah = "grace."  In a name book, I once read
that Hannah means "full of grace, mercy, and prayer."  That's quite a
mouthful for a two-syllable name.

Would someone tell me if this is accurate?

Thanks.

Cindy Smith		Unless the LORD build the house,
cms at dragon.com		they labor in vain who build.
cms at 5sc.net		Unless the LORD guard the city,
cms at romancatholic.org	in vain does the guard keep watch.
Me transmitte sursum,		-- Psalm 127:1
	Caledoni!		All your base are belong to us.
A Real Live Catholic		You are on the way to destruction.
	in Georgia!		What you say.