[b-hebrew] Is there a pattern for a final -H?

Karl Randolph kwrandolph at email.com
Mon Nov 3 15:00:56 EST 2003

Dear Noam:

No, I cannot at this time fulfill your request.

When I wrote my original question a couple of months ago, and no one responding to this mailing list had an answer, out of curiousity I worked out a research plan. The second step is to collect data. The third step is to analyse the data, sorting it out into different catagories. This step includes defining the catagories. The fourth step is to analyse non-obvious data and see if they fit the patterns as well.

So far, all I have done is go through step 2. I excluded from my data words that have an obvious male-female context: e.g. boy and girl, buck and doe, billy and she goat, etc.

The patterns I listed below are merely initial observations that may or may not pass the test of detailed analysis.

Perchance are you working on the same question?

Karl W. Randolph.