[b-hebrew] Archaeological Shields: Saddam holds Iraq's antiquities hostage

BruceKGardner at aol.com BruceKGardner at aol.com
Thu Mar 27 10:07:53 EST 2003

In a message dated 27/03/2003 14:04:31 GMT Standard Time, Yigal-Levin at utc.edu
writes:

> Archaeological Shields: Saddam holds Iraq's antiquities hostage.

A curious observation is Ms Glick's complaint about Saddam Hussein's
ungentlemanly behaviour, in his operating around archaeological sites. We
could maybe drop leaflets consoling Iraqis with the thought that, while the
children and young soldiers may be blown to pieces, old dead stones in which
we happen to be interested will be lovingly preserved. It might also be
necessary to tell Iraqi soldiers to ensure that, when they die, they don't
bleed on anything historically important.

Peace (truly)

Bruce.