[b-hebrew] Genesis Apocryphon

Søren Holst sh at teol.ku.dk
Thu Mar 20 01:43:47 EST 2003

not really Biblical Hebrew this - more like extra-biblical Aramaic

but anyway:

some fragments later identifed as part of the subsequently published Genesis
Apocryphon were published in DJD I in 1955 as 1Q20 "Apocalypse de Lamech"
(sorry if I'm misspelling the French); in his article in the 1999 Dead Sea
Scrolls Encyclopedia, Joseph A Fitzmyer talks about "a recent identification
by Bruce Zuckerman and Michael O Wise" supposed to have shown that these
fragments formed part of "column 0" - i.e. the one immediately preceding
column 1, which then, was not actually the first.

Would anyone know of a source for this?

kol tuv
Soren, Copenhagen