[b-hebrew] words for fool

Charles David Isbell cisbell at cox.net
Wed Mar 19 16:55:44 EST 2003

Stoney Breyer writes that "Jacob and David spring to mind as characters who
seem to lose their youthful sharpness."  A good observation, Stoney, but too
broad.  I am not quite one-half of 120, and I can testify that age is not a
simple matter.  Look at Deuteronomy 34.7: "Moses was 120 years old when he
died.  His eye was not dim, nor his vigor abated."  This was written on a
Monday morning, early, whereas Deuteronomy 31.2 was written late on a Friday
afternoon:  "I am 120 today.  I can no longer come and go [=cut the
mustard]."
Age/schmage.  Documentary/schmocumentary. Moses wrote it all, just at
different times during the week.
For those unaware, this is the month of Adar, traditionally the month for
humor and bawdy jokes.
Shalom,
Charles David Isbell