[b-hebrew]

jwest at highland.net jwest at highland.net
Sat Mar 15 07:32:49 EST 2003

Hello,

im here at the SBL southeastern regional meeting in chattanooga and wanted to
let listers know a couple of interesting things discussed so far.

first, a brilliant grad student at duke presented a fine paper on the maskilim
of daniel as pacifists (not the title- just a summary).

second we listened to a very interesting paper on the psalms of ascent in which
the presenter suggested that psalms 120-134 were framed in such a way as to
allow the reader to hear a call for peace in them (120:5-7 being programmatic).

then we heard a very fine paper on samson and his search for power by covering
his shame.

i will send along note of the more interesting papers as time permits.  by the
way- loren crow's work (on the psalms) has come up a couple of times (and that
in a most positive light).

best

jim

Jim West, ThD