[b-hebrew] Monotheistic Inscriptions and/or Manuscripts

Mark Wessner mark at wessner.ca
Mon Mar 3 23:44:37 EST 2003

Hi all,

A while back there was some discussion about ANE origins of monotheism, but
for the life of me, I can't find any helpful information in the b-hebrew
archives, hence my appeal to all of you.  Without trying to re-start any
theological debate, my interest is in the monotheistic beliefs/reforms of
Pharaoh Akhnaton, and specifically the actual source(s) of our information
about him (particular inscriptions, manuscripts, other references, etc.).

If any of you have this information, could you please help me out?  Either
on-list or off-list (mark at wessner.ca) is fine with me.

Thanks!

Mark Wessner