[b-hebrew] Exodus 3:14

Peter Kirk peterkirk at ozemail.com.au
Mon Mar 3 07:17:26 EST 2003

'EHYEH may mean "I will be", with a clear future sense, in modern Hebrew.
But this is a biblical text, and in biblical Hebrew the "imperfect" verb
form was only sometimes future in meaning, very often continuous present or
past. That's a very brief summary of something rather complicated, which
Trevor has partly explained.

Peter Kirk
peter.r.kirk at ntlworld.com
http://web.onetel.net.uk/~peterkirk/