[b-hebrew] Job 12:16 interpreted in context of Is. 45:7

Karl Randolph kwrandolph at email.com
Thu Jul 31 16:08:40 EDT 2003

“Weal and woe” what do they mean?

At least in Isaiah 45:7 I have a clue, weal stands for $LWM “fullness” and woe for R( “displeasing (things)” (the opposite of +WB “pleasing (things)”)

The reason I started reading Tenakh in Hebrew was because of words like that: archaic and no longer understood.

I translate Is. 45:7 thusly, “Former of light and creator of darkness, maker of fullness and creator of displeasure, I am YHWH the one who makes all of these.”

Karl W. Randolph.