[b-hebrew] Job 12:16

Dean Young Dean.Young at CDA.CenterPartners.com
Thu Jul 31 12:19:24 EDT 2003

Good morning,

I had a question on this verse of scripture. It says:

		"With him is strength and wisdom:  the deceived and the
deceiver are his"

Now I'm not fluent in hebrew but watching the list, I know you guys are..So
with that in mind: I was a litte bothered by this scripture knowing that the
bible calls satan the deceiver, the adversary, etc. Is this the closest
translation that can be summoned from this text? It seems as if "are his" is
more from a creation point of view but it came at me a little different.

Maybe I'm not making any sense whatsoever, but from a 'laymans''view, it
seems as almost God is saying that he sends the deceiver or the deceiver is
under God's protection/provision. I'm just looking for a little explanation
on the verse and it's context.

Thanks,
Dean Young
John 3:3