[b-hebrew] Variant forms of vav with holem

Pere Casanellas pere.casanellas at btlink.net
Tue Jul 29 04:33:35 EDT 2003

I have not at hand now facsimiles of the L and Aleppo manuscripts, but I am
nearly sure that the editors of the BHS just copied a distinction that
already is in the manuscript.

I have checked the facsimiles of the following manuscripts and editions
that I have at hand and all of them differentiate clearly betwen holam +
vav mater lectionis and vav consonant + holam:

         Gottweig (Austria), Stiftsbibliothek, ms. 10 and 11 (883), XIV or
XV century (Pentateuch + Prophtets, square Ashkenazic script)

         Second Rabbinic Bible (Venice 1524-1525), by Jacob ben Hayyim.

         Biblia Polyglotta Complutensis (Alcalá de Henares, 1514-1517)

--
Pere Casanellas
E-mail: pere.casanellas at btlink.net
         pcasanel at pie.xtec.es