[b-hebrew] Holem-waw in Unicode

Karljürgen Feuerherm cuneiform at rogers.com
Sat Jul 26 14:48:56 EDT 2003

Aha. I will do this for the time being. It is a simple matter to do a global
replace later if we conclude that the distinction should not be made.

The fact that Christians and others BOTH have the distinction is one thing.
I wonder (and I think you asked this question on the Unicode list) whether
the distinction goes back to the Masoretes. If not, then it is at some level
a later artificial imposition, in the same way that (to my mind) the
'invisible Yod' proposed on the Unicode list would be (and as such would
represent an inappropriate emendation of the text).