[b-hebrew] Genesis 15:6

Stoney Breyer stoneyb at touchwood.net
Fri Jul 25 13:50:07 EDT 2003

Peter -

When my biographer comes to describe my previous momentous contribution
she may put it something like this:

in question could hardly bear an inceptive construction: '[There is] no
suggestion that Abraham started to believe at this point, more that he
was continuing to believe.' Breyer did not take issue with that.
However, Kirk had further maintained that '"had believed" would be a
poor translation, not least because of the implication that by this
point he had stopped believing.' Matlack in turn had queried that
implication, and it was in support of Matlack, not Slusher, that Breyer
joined the discussion. <<

But perhaps by this point you have, after all, stopped maintaining!

Stoney Breyer
Writer
Touchwood, Inc.
314 421-9878