[b-hebrew] Hebrew with Aramaic, Phoenician

Bill Rea bsr15 at cantsl.canterbury.ac.nz
Sun Jul 20 18:47:53 EDT 2003

Karl wrote:-

>Are you sure that I am the first person in 2,000 years to read the Bible
>in paleo-Hebrew glyphs? That thought never crossed my mind when I started
>until you mentioned it, and now that I have completed at least one time
>through I find I prefer those glyphs to the modern ones.  However, as
>being something special, I view it as no different than reading an
>unpointed text, and plenty of people have done that, unless I^m mistaken.
>All I^ve done is to print modern Hebrew to the screen in paleo-Hebrew
>glyphs.

I thought the Samaritans still used the paleo-Hebrew script. Maybe they
don't count because they only have the five books of Moses in their
own version.

Bill Rea, Information Technology Dept., Canterbury  University  \_
E-Mail bill.rea at canterbury.ac.nz                                </   New
Phone   64-3-364-2331, Fax     64-3-364-2332                   /)  Zealand
Unix Systems Administrator                                    (/'