[b-hebrew] Re: A threat to the integrity of the Hebrew language?

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Fri Jul 18 18:39:32 EDT 2003

I do not prefer either proposal (and I say that in the STRONGEST
possible terms). I think we should get IETF to bite the bullet and
change the properties of these characters. Discussions with Harald
Alvestrand have not been a dead end so far. In WG2, I will oppose the
addition of duplicate characters to the standard.

What the Biblical scholastic community has to do is shout LOUDLY "Fix
the combining properties of the 17 characters and do it NOW". Please
organize yourselves into formal letters with many signatures giving
your names and affiliations.

Best regards,