[b-hebrew] Hebrew with Aramaic, Phoenician etc in scholarlypublications

Karl Randolph kwrandolph at email.com
Thu Jul 17 19:16:19 EDT 2003

Actually, I have something similar on my Macintosh at home. I downloaded the Online Bible consonant only text and made a quick reconstruction of a paleo Hebrew font to fit it. It looks sort of like what such a manuscript may have looked like: the sin and shin look the same and the sofit glyphs are the same as the non-sofit glyphs, but the underlying code is still modern.

As far as I know, the Online Bible is the only version that has the option of a consonant only text, at least for the Macintosh. The main thing keeping me from taking that text and re-encoding it in paleo-Hebrew is that there is no such encoding in unicode yet.

Karl W. Randolph.