[b-hebrew] Babylonian pointing

Pere Casanellas pere.casanellas at btlink.net
Thu Jul 17 04:45:42 EDT 2003

Dear Peter,

Linguist's Software has an excellent font with Babylonian supralinear
pointing (Hebraica II Supra). I think Phil Payne, from Linguist's Software,
is well diposed to redesign this font as UNICODE, if a proposal for these
characters is approved. Maybe he could give some help to make a proposal
(they have an Hebrew Unicode font with Tiberian vocalization).

I am writing my thesis on the Targum. I am using mainly Yemenite
manuscripts with supralinear vocalization and could help if necessary. I
could  contact other scholars of the International Organization of Targum
Studies, by means of the Targum List, if necessary. I could give some help
starting on September.

This standard would be useful for many scholars.

Yours sincerely,

--
Pere Casanellas
E-mail: pere.casanellas at btlink.net