[b-hebrew] Hebrew with Aramaic, Phoenician etc in scholarly publications

Peter Kirk peter.r.kirk at ntlworld.com
Wed Jul 16 17:53:03 EDT 2003

On 16/07/2003 12:37, Karl Randolph wrote:

>As one who does not know cuneiform nor Akkadian, I most certainly would like to see the original form as well as the transliteration now that it is within unicode’s capability. ...

Well, actually Akkadian cuneiform isn't yet in Unicode. See
http://www.jhu.edu/ice/. But I get the impression that not much has
happened in the nearly three years since the first conference. You could
find out more from the Unicode list, see
http://www.unicode.org/unicode/consortium/distlist.html.

Ugaritic cuneiform is now in Unicode, see the chart at
http://www.unicode.org/charts/PDF/U10380.pdf.

Agreed that it would be good to see the original form AS WELL as the
transliteration. Just not the original form without transliteration.

peter.r.kirk at ntlworld.com
http://web.onetel.net.uk/~peterkirk/