[b-hebrew] Prov 21:4

Bearpecs at aol.com Bearpecs at aol.com
Tue Jul 15 23:59:30 EDT 2003

In a message dated 7/15/2003 6:32:53 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
ben.crick at argonet.co.uk writes:
> the diligent wife whose *lamp* burns all night as she
> labours on, burning the midnight oil, earning revenue for the family with
> her
> cottage industries.

Interesting.  My interpretation was that the lamp burns through the night so
that (a) anyone who awakens has a night light, reflecting her caring even
while she sleeps; and (b) in the morning, the oven/hearth can be lit and the
breakfast cooked, baking commence, water heated for washing, etc, (all the
necessities of a well-ordered household), without gathering kindling and rubbing
sticks together or going to borrow a light from the neighbors.