[b-hebrew] Constellations in Job

Bill Rea bsr15 at cantsl.canterbury.ac.nz
Tue Jul 15 17:16:39 EDT 2003

Al asked:-

> I am trying to find discussions or research about why there is no
> mention in Job of the 12 constellations of the Zodiac.

It is even possible to determine why something is omitted by an author
after the author is dead and he has left no other works? What source
material would a person use when persuing such research?

> Instead, we find Kimah / Kesil / Ash mentioned. No one seems to know for
> sure what these refer to but it's pretty much agreed that they are not
> the Zodiacal constellations.

I don't follow the logic here. If people don't know what they refer to
how is it possible to reach a general agreement that they are not,
either individually or collectively, Zodiacal constellations?

Bill Rea, Information Technology Dept., Canterbury  University  \_
E-Mail bill.rea at canterbury.ac.nz                                </   New
Phone   64-3-364-2331, Fax     64-3-364-2332                   /)  Zealand
Unix Systems Administrator                                    (/'