[b-hebrew] Rahab's Guests

Karl Randolph kwrandolph at email.com
Sat Jul 12 07:08:49 EDT 2003

Clay, look at the context, your reading makes sense. In verse 5 she tells the special ops team that the men had left her house just before the gates were to be closed, therefore they should quickly persue them to catch up to them. But the Israelites had not left the city, not even Rahab’s house, for Rahab had hid them on her roof. She told the special ops team a bald faced lie.

Incidently, there is another Jewish tradition repeated in Matthew 1:5 that Rahab did convert, married $LM), was the mother of Boaz who married Ruth, making her an ancestress of King David.

Karl W. Randolph.